1. Identity and contact information
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is provided by Jason Harris trading as Jason Mark Harris Photography (“JMH”, “me”, or “I”), of 1 Hill House The Mall, Brading, Isle of Wight.
This Notice also explains how JMH complies with GDPR. Jason Harris is both the controller and a processor of all personal data collected.
2. Compliance declaration
Both Jason and this website, www.jasonmarkharris.com, comply with the GDPR. The GDPR comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. This Notice is updated whenever changes are made to relevant data protection legislation.
3. Your rights under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have a number of different rights relating to your personal data and how it is processed. They are as follows:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to access your personal data, and any supplementary information which constitutes personal data.
- Right to have your personal data rectified; this means you can ask me to correct your personal data if it changes, turns out to be inaccurate, or is incomplete.
- Right to have your personal data deleted; this means that you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data. There are some circumstances when you do not have this right.
- Right to restrict me processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object to me processing your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by emailing via the “Contact Form” at the bottom of this page.
4. The data I collect, how I use it and why
Cookies and website visitor tracking
When using this website, you have the choice to agree to or decline cookies. Cookies are small files installed on your browser device that allow websites like this, and many others, to find out more about your browsing behaviour. For JMH, the purpose of using cookies is to better understand visitor demographics to this site so that improvements can be made, as well as informing marketing and sales strategies in the future.
This website makes use of several cookies, most notably ones relating to Google Analytics.
Client contact information
I use personal data, provided directly and voluntarily to me by clients, for two purposes. The first is to carry out my contractual obligations. This means that it’s information I need to do my job. This personal data includes, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and further information which I need to complete your photography requirements.
Email addresses for gallery login
To deliver images to clients, I make use of a gallery and proofing service: www.pic-time.com. When clients share their galleries with friends and family, they will need to enter their email address to gain access to Pic-time, with the email address acting as a login. This allows users to create favourite lists, leave comments and also share images effectively. This is also necessary for the ordering of prints. For further information about how Pic-time collects and processes personal data please visit www.pic-time.com.
More detailed information
If you want to contact me with questions about your personal data, wish to exercise any of your rights or ask me further detailed questions, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
5. Sharing information with third parties
Other than those third parties mentioned in this Notice and listed below, JMH shall not pass your personal data to any third party.
Your personal data may, subject to my obligations to comply with data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
- Second photographers who join me on wedding shoots and need information to be able to do their job;
6. Security, storage and data retention
JMH stores your personal data with the 17Hats.com database – this is encrypted using the industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm and JMH will retain full details of your personal data for as long as it takes to complete your photography requirements. I will delete your personal data within two years after completion of your photography requirements. If you would like me to delete your personal data before this time, you have to right to request me to do so.
7. Your consent
By using this site and/or engaging me in providing a service, you agree to be bound by this Notice.
8. Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to be bound by this Notice at any time. If you wish to do so, please use the contact form below. You also have the right, as set out above, to withdraw your consent to my processing your personal data.
9. Contact form